DevOps continues to be a major business accelerator for our customers and we continually see success from customers applying DevOps Research and Assessment (DORA) principles and findings to their organization. The DevOps Awards are targeted to recognize customers shaping the future of DevOps with DORA. Share your inspirational story, supported by examples of business transformation and operational excellence, today!
With inputs from over 33,000 professionals worldwide and eight years of research, the Accelerate State of DevOps Report is the largest and longest running DevOps research of its kind. The different categories of DevOps Awards map closely to the practices and capabilities that drive high performance, as identified by the report.
Organizations, irrespective of their size, industry, and region are able to apply to one or all ten categories. Please find the categories and their descriptions below:
- Leveraging loosely coupled architecture: This award recognizes one customer that successfully transitioned from a tightly coupled architecture to loosely coupled (service-oriented; microservice) architectures.
- Designing tools of the future: This award recognizes one customer that has meaningfully contributed to an open source DevOps tool or open source security DevOps tool.
- Securing the software supply chain: This award recognizes one customer that successfully demonstrates high levels of security implementation based on specific examples of how the organization has worked to secure every stage of the software supply chain.
- Growing DevOps throughout your organization: This award recognizes one customer that employed DevOps best practices on one team and were able to scale successfully to more teams throughout the organization over a period of time.
- DevOps communities of practice award: This award recognizes one customer that has created a community structure in the organization which makes it easier for teams to share DevOps best practices that work in their organization and make them more resilient to reorganizations and product changes.
- Going beyond the four keys: This award recognizes one customer that not only shows how they have implemented the four key metrics throughout their teams, but also how they have gone beyond the four keys to demonstrate continuous iteration that drives business success.
- Nurturing team culture: This award recognizes one customer that implemented effective processes to improve work/life balance, foster a healthy DevOps culture, and ultimately prevent burnout.
- Unleashing the full power of the Cloud: This award recognizes one customer that is leveraging all five capabilities of cloud computing to improve software delivery and organizational performance.
- On demand self-service
- Broad network access
- Measured service
- Rapid elasticity
- Resource pooling
Read more about the five essential characteristics of cloud computing
- Unlocking the secrets of DevOps: This award recognizes one customer that is able to demonstrate the outside benefits that come from adopting DevOps – aside from the operational and organizational performance improvements. This award recognizes one customer that:
For example, set out to drive DevOps transformation and found increased DEI representation showing up more in their teams (increasing ppt of underrepresented groups)
Discuss how your organization creates unique solutions to help build a more diverse, inclusive, and accessible workplace for your customer, leading to higher levels of engagement, productivity, and innovation.
- Continuous improvement with DORA: This award recognizes one previous DevOps Award winner that continues to integrate DORA practices and guidance into their workflow using Google Cloud Platform tools and who can deliver software with more speed and better stability to quickly meet end user needs.
This is your chance to show your innovation globally and become a role model for the industry to improve. Winners will receive invitations to roundtables and discussions, press materials, special announcements and even a trophy award!
We are excited to see all your great submissions. Applications are open until January 31st, 2023 so apply for what best suits your company and stay tuned for our awards show in March 2022!
For more information on the awards visit our webpage and check out The Google Cloud DevOps Awards Guidebook. Feel free to check out the 2021 DevOps Award winner ebook to learn from the winners of the inaugural Google Cloud Awards!